5 Fun Things
Lots of good reads going on in life lately. I’ve been busy reading lots of work-related things (and, as always, some good books for me!), so it’s nice to throw some fluff in there every once in a while, too.
The 5 Best Things I Read on the Web This Week
1. 10 Worst Trends of the Decade – I agree with most of ‘em, but I do love my leggings! We’re having a total love affair lately. I can’t help it. They’ve wooed me good. And I don’t deny that I’ve had an animal-head hat in the past year. And might still have it. And it just might be of a hippo. Who is also a ballerina. Maybe. And I might also have had butt-print pants. That read “SPANK”. But not for the reason you might think. They were named for a monkey, see, and…oh, never mind.
Um, not those. Those scare me.
2. Reasoning With Vampires – Sorry, Twihards, but this is HILARIOUS. (And, yes, I’ve read all the Twilight books. And, yes, I did enjoy them. But I still state that she badly needed a good editor…or better writing skills. And, yes, I’ve seen all the movies. But this mocking site is still freaking hilarious. The end.) It’s just too funny not to share this site. And I love that the top post right now also references a Friends quote. I can’t not like a blog that does that!
3. Emma as Skeeter – Have I mentioned yet how excited I am that Emma Stone is playing Skeeter in the movie adaptation of The Help? When I first heard she was cast, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought she could totally rock it. She’s not who I pictured when I read it (ahem, if you haven’t read it, you need to read it) but I have faith she can pull it off.
4. Sexy Slave Leia and Jabba the Hut – I think next year for Halloween I gotta convince the hubs to go with this theme costume. Would it be funnier if I made him be Leia? I doubt he would go for it but it’d be kinda fun to be Jabba and go against gender stereotypes!
5. Bookshelf Porn – I gotta do it.