Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I adore Smitten Kitchen. Definitely one of my top fave food blogs. This recipe is just another reason in my long list of why.
The official name of these cookies is Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies but mine were definitely more chewy than crispy, which I prefer anyway. I probably took them out a little too soon in the hopes of a softer cookie! I think you could leave them in a minute or two longer to get that desired crispiness.
This is a recipe I’m saving away! The husband was having cookie cravings the other night so I pulled up this recipe from my to-try pile. We’ve both determined it should be moved to the favorites file!
Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time (for giant cookies) or a tablespoon at a time (for smaller cookies) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
5. Bake larger cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for smaller ones, or until edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
~ by spontaneoustruth on September 8, 2009.