Wow, my MIAness has been in abundance lately! Goal for future me: Get back to regular blog schedule!
And now for five awesome things floating my boat lately:
1. JoTotes. I am in LOVE with my camera purse! I got this at the beginning of the year and it came with me to San Francisco last month and has been a dream. It’s so perfect for lugging around my camera and lenses but still allowing me to be cute and feminine and not have to need my very masculine usual camera bag (I save that one for trips w/the hubs). One of the best purchases I’ve ever made!
2. Green smoothies. I’ve alluded to these in the past but ever since I got my Vitamix last fall I’ve been starting my day in a very green way! My favorite combo: 1 banana, 2 handfuls of spinach (or kale or chard or whatever greens I’ve got on hand), 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 4 frozen strawberries, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed. And, occasionally, just for kicks I throw in a spoonful of cocoa powder or peanut butter (or both!) for some extra flavor. Love starting my day with greens! Healthy and filling. :) Look for more Vitamix lovin’ coming soon.
3. SUPER excited to try out a new restaurant this weekend! Perfect for us foodies! Ever since we got back from Italy people have been telling us to try out this amazing restaurant in downtown SD — it’s sister lives in Florence! Can’t wait to hit up Acqua Al 2 for our belated Valentine’s dinner and see if it lives up to the hype. I am definitely hoping it does! I’ll be hoping for something like this:
And definitely some of this:
4. New stuff in my house. We recently got some new wall art and redid our entryway. Can’t wait to share the makeovers! I’m loving how different it all feels. Here’s a hint: We used some of these photos to decorate!
5. My Valentine’s Day was awesome. Very low-key evening spent chilling at home (since we’re really celebrating by dining out this weekend). But I did come home to find a baker in the kitchen whipping me up a delicious chocolate cake! Since said baker is usually in chef mode (and not the pastry kind), it was a fun treat. And one I’m still enjoying…that cake is massive! <3